Im Sommersemester 2023 findet die Sprechstunde in Präsenz Mittwochs um 16:15 bis 17:15 Uhr statt.
Zusätzlich können mit Voranmeldung per E-Mail auch online-Termine zu anderen Zeiten augemacht werden.
I'm an assistant professor at Eva Schmidt's chair in theoretical philosophy at the Technical University Dortmund. Thanks to funding from the Fritz Thyssen Foundation, I was a visiting researcher at Kristina Liefke's chair at Bochum from April to September 2022.
My research focuses on the relation between knowledge and belief and whether either of them enjoys "priority" over the other. I also work on issues concerning the semantics of knowledge and belief talk as well as the history of ordinary language philosophy in the early 20th century. I especially enjoy teaching logic and the philosophy of language.
I completed my PhD at the University of Warwick in January 2020. During my PhD, I also spent time at Oxford, Toronto, and Cologne.
I'm originally from Austria, but lived in the UK for most of my adult life.
- Forall x: Dortmund. Eine Einführung in die formale Logik with P.D. Magnus, Tim Button, J. Robert Loftis, Robert Trueman, Aaron Thomas-Bolduc, and Richard Zach (2021).
- Contrafactives and learnability: an experiment with propositional constants with David Strohmaier, forthcoming Post-Proceedings Logic and Engineering of Natural Language Semantics 19
- Cook Wilson on judgement, forthcoming British Journal for the History of Philosophy.
- Reductive views of knowledge and the small difference principle, forthcoming in Canadian Journal of Philosophy
- Review of David Hunter, On Believing, online first Philosophical Quarterly.
- Ways to knowledge-first believe, online first in Erkenntnis.
- Contrafactives and learnability with David Strohmaier, Proceedings of the 23rd Amsterdam Colloquium: 298-305. (2022).
- Cook Wilson on knowledge and forms of thinking with Guy Longworth, Synthese 200: 276. (2022). Submitted for special issue Knowledge first epistemology.
- Cook Wilson on the indefinability of knowledge with Guy Longworth, European Journal of Philosophy 30(4): 1547–1564 (2022).
- Belief does not entail a reasoning disposition, in Synthese 199(5): 14975-91 (2021).
- Knowledge-first believing the unknowable, in Synthese 198(4): 3855–71 (2021).
- Review of Michael Ayers, Knowing and Seeing, in Zeitschrift für philosophische Literatur 9(1): 22–32 (2021).
- What is it to be aware of your awareness of red? A review essay of Michelle Montague's The Given with Giulia Martina, in Philosophical Psychology 30(7): 992–1012 (2017).
- Review of Clayton Bohnet, Logic and the limits of philosophy in Kant and Hegel with Tristan Kreetz, in Kant Studies Online (2016).
- Review of The Non-Philosophy Project: Essays by François Laruelle with Tristan Kreetz, in Dialectic, the journal of the University of York Philosophy Society (2013).